Dropped kerb

You need to get our permission before you can lower the kerb outside your property. There is now a £75 charge to process the application that should be included with the application request. The Council will need to process your payment before considering the application. This may take some days, depending on the payment method.

How to apply

  • read the Dropped Kerb Access Guidance Notes 
  • fill in the Dropped Kerb Application form and include a small a sketch of where the kerb is to be lowered 
  • send the application, sketch and payment to: Shared Services, East Dunbartonshire Council, Suite F4, 6 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow G66 1XT
  • alternatively, you can hand in your application and payment at one of the Council Hubs.

Please note if you want a new access protection marking or to refresh an old one, there is now a £160 charge. This is in addition to the cost of dropping the kerb. This will be invoiced after the works are carried out. 

If have any queries please contact:

  • Road Traffic Officers on 0300 123 4510

If the application is approved, you can choose your own approved contractor or you can ask the Council to carry out the work. 

Planning permission

To find out if planning permission is required please contact the Planning Service

Mobility issues Submit a general enquiry

If you have significant mobility problems please view the information on Occupational Therapy.