Trusted Trader Scheme
The East Dunbartonshire Trusted Trader scheme [opens in a new window] is a local business partnership scheme aimed at increasing consumer confidence,
promoting good practice within local business, and helping protect citizens from doorstep crime.
It will assist local consumers with finding reliable local traders and to help generate more business for local companies. It is driven by Trading Standards to increase consumer confidence and encourage the success of businesses that trade fairly within the area.
Customers provide feedback on their experience and these comments will be posted online for other consumers to view.
East Dunbartonshire Trusted Trader relies on member businesses being honest and reputable. Members must comply with the terms and conditions of the scheme and show that they trade in a fair and responsible manner. The Council’s Trading Standards team will continually examine the business practices and customer feedback of each member.
Benefits to Traders
- Being a member of the Trusted Trader Scheme is a good way of showing potential customers that you are a reputable and reliable business.
- You will receive support from East Dunbartonshire Council's Trading Standards team to help you to understand and comply with consumer protection legislation.
- East Dunbartonshire Council will promote the scheme to local consumers through the Council's website, social media, local press and other forms of promotions.
- When you join, you will be provided with marketing materials bearing the Trusted Trader logo that you can use at your premises and on vehicles, stationery, advertising and website to show potential customers that you are a member of the scheme.
Who can join?
- The scheme is primarily aimed at the home improvement sector. Businesses must be based in East Dunbartonshire or must be able to prove a reasonable proportion of their business is carried out in the area.
How much will it cost?
The annual fee is £240 including VAT
The fee will be to help cover costs of operating the scheme, such as maintaining the online database and feedback system, ongoing advertising and promotion to the public.
Special offer - join now and save nearly 40%
Act now and you could be eligible for a time-limited promotion for new members - £150 (inc. VAT).
- 12 months of Trusted Trader membership, to see how it benefits your business
- Fully refundable fee in the event you are unable to meet the vetting requirements
- Your business showcased with other vetted businesses across East Dunbartonshire to local residents
- Access to official logos and marketing materials to promote your business.
How to join
You can apply at East Dunbartonshire’s Trusted Trader website [opens in a new window].