Parents have the responsibility to ensure that their children have adequate footwear and clothing to take full advantage of the education provided at school. The Council will help parents to meet this responsibility by providing a grant to those who are eligible to purchase appropriate school clothing and footwear for their child(ren).
Clothing grants are normally paid to parents whose children attend a school managed by the Council and who get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Reduction (not discount)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is not greater than £15,276
The current grant is £100 per child per school year, which will be paid by cheque. The cheque can be cashed at any branch of the Clydesdale Bank.
You can download an application from the attached documents section: School Clothing Grant and Free School Meal 2019-2020.
Alternatively they can be obtained from the school, libraries or Hubs.
Please return your completed application form to any East Dunbartonshire Council Community Hub