High Hedges (Scotland) Act

If you have an issue with a neighbour over a high hedge that you haven't been able to resolve amicably, you can apply for a high hedge notice.

This is to help solve problems caused by hedges that grow higher than two metres and block out light.

High Hedge Notice application form  needs to be submitted with the fee of £401 and details of attempts to deal with matters, ie letters to neighbours should also be submitted with the application

The form also includes guidance and information on the high hedge application process.

When completed post to:

East Dunbartonshire Council
Development and Regeneration Development Applications Planning
Southbank House
Strathkelvin Place
G66 1XQ

Or deliver in person to one of the Community Hubs.