How to apply for a council house

Properties that become vacant are allocated to people on our waiting list, which we call the Common Housing Register. The waiting list is based on a person's housing needs, transfers and homeless applicants. If you would like to apply for housing and get onto the waiting list you will be required to complete the CHR application form. 

If you are not able to print the application form, one can be sent to you if you contact Customer Services on 0300 123 4510 or by email. The completed form needs to be handed back to your local housing office or posted back to the address listed. Please note that all the pages must be returned and you must sign the form. You will receive an acknowledgement letter when we have processed your application.

The allocation policy document explains how the Council and Housing Associations manage the housing list.

For more information please visit Social Housing Regulator [opens in a new window] or the Scottish Government website [opens in a new window]

Homes for Ukraine Scheme

If you're an East Dunbartonshire Council tenant, and you wish to provide accommodation you will need permission from us (as a landlord) to host a bedroom. Requests should be made in writing and can be submitted using our Permission to Reside form.

View this webpage for information on Housing Register and allocation.

View this webpage for information on Keeping an animal in a council house.