Our Care of Gardens Service is open to East Dunbartonshire residents. We will maintain your garden on your behalf if you are not physically able to do so and have no-one else able to assist. There is a charge for this service.
The service runs from April to October inclusive:
Please be advised that:
- The service may not be provided on the same date/day every month
- Attendance cannot be arranged to suit individual householders' needs
- Work will be carried out by Council employees
The qualifying criteria to join the service is:
- You must live in East Dunbartonshire
- You must be 75 years of age or over
- Be between the ages of 16 and 74 and not physically able to maintain your garden. A medical professional should sign the Fitness Certificate to confirm this. Your medical professional may charge for this.
Please note if there is more than one resident in the household, ALL must qualify for the Care of Gardens Service under the above stated conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of frequently asked questions is available in the Document section of this page.
The 2017 service costs £158.96 (including VAT). The Council will send an invoice on approval of your acceptance to the Care of Gardens Service. Please do not send any money at this stage. If Residents apply to join the service mid-season, a £25 administration fee will be applied in addition to the pro rata cost of the service.
Complete the application form or contact Customer Services by telephone on 0300 123 4510.