Council Tax Discounts and Exemptions
There are circumstances in which you may be entitled to a discount or exemption on the amount of Council Tax due. Discounts may be available if you are the only adult aged 18 or over in the property. Also, some people are not counted when deciding how many adults are resident in a property. If you think you may be eligible for a discount please select the appropriate link on the right.
- single occupancy discount
- Paid and unpaid care workers
- Residents who are in receipt of Child Benefit
- Full time students
- People who are resident in hospital or care/nursing home
- Mentally impaired and receiving benefit
There are some circumstances when a property may be exempt from Council Tax. Please select the appropriate application form from the list on the right:
- The property is unoccupied and unfurnished for up to six months
- The property is incapable of being lived in because it is being structurally repaired, improved or reconstructed (up to 12 months from the date property last occupied)
- All the residents are full time students or under the age of 18
Council Tax Reduction
For information on Council Tax Reduction or to make an application please see our Benefits page.