Privacy Notice - Tachograph Records

Privacy Notice 

The personal information provided will be processed by East Dunbartonshire Council.

The personal information will be used to 
•    ensure adherence to EU driver’s hours rules.

The personal information will only be accessed by those Council employees carrying out this purpose. 

The personal information will be shared with 

•    DVSA or Police on request

•    To adhere to the law.

The use of the personal data is necessary for 

•    Legal Obligation
•    Under the following acts. 
•    Transport Act 1968 1968 Chapter 73.  Sections 96, 98, 99, 103
EC Regulation 3821/85
Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) Regulations 2005. SI 2005 No 1904 

East Dunbartonshire Council uses the Scottish Council on Archives Records Retention Schedules to manage the amount of time the Council keeps information. Further information on these can be found on the Scottish Archives website [opens in a new window].

The information you have provided is classed as 
•    SCARRS REF No 25.006.011
•    The information will be kept for one year from the date it was provided.

•    Right of Access
You have the right to access the personal information the Council holds about you. This right is called a Subject Access Request, often referred to as a SAR. 
You can receive a copy of you personal data held by the Council, details on why it is being used, who it has been/ will be shared with, how long it will be held for, the source of the information and if the Council uses computer systems profile or take decisions about you. Details on how to submit a Subject Access Request can be found on the Subject Access Request page [opens in a new window].

•    Right to rectification
You have the right to request the Council correct any information held about you that is inaccurate. 

•    Right to erasure
You have the right to request that the Council delete the personal information about you. This right is known as the right to be forgotten.

•    Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that the Council stops using your personal information, while retaining a copy of it.
•    Right to data portability
You have the right to request that the Council give back to you a copy of the information you have given in a way that allows you to transfer it easily to another organisation

You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office should you be unhappy with the way the Council has processed your personal data. Details on how to report a concern can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website [opens in a new window].

 Should you have any questions or concerns about the Council’s handling of your personal data you can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer.
Karen Donnelly
Data Protection Officer
East Dunbartonshire Council 
12 Strathkelvin Place
G66 1TJ
Tel: 0300 123 4510