The personal information you provide on this form will be used by East Dunbartonshire Council to process and determine applications for the grant/renewal of a Metal Dealer Licence.
This personal information may also be shared with other departments within East Dunbartonshire Council, the Council committee’s and/or boards, local councillors in the area of the application or other organisations for the same purpose and also to:
- check the information we hold is accurate;
- prevent and/or detect crime; and
- protect public funds.
Other organisations may include bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, public sector agencies, governmental departments, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, private contractors used by the Council and bodies carrying out data matching exercises.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- The Council’s legal obligations under the following legislation:
- the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 (licensing functions in relation to Metal Dealer Licences)
- the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 (to ensure proper administration of the Council’s financial affairs) (including the detection and/or prevention of fraud)
- the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 (furnishing of information and documents to the Commission)
- the Public Finance and Accountability (Scotland) Act 2000 (disclosure of data to Audit Scotland for data matching)
- The official authority vested in the Council pursuant to:
- the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 (arrangement for discharge of functions by local authorities)
- the Scheme of Administration – Civic Government Appeals Board – Terms of Reference: paragraph 1
- The following task carried out in the public interest:
- to appropriately and sufficiently licence the carrying on business as a Metal Dealer.
- the prevention and detection of licensing fraud
East Dunbartonshire Council will be unable to process your application form if you fail to provide the information required and a Metal Dealer Licence will not be granted. The information requested in this form is required under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 Schedule 1.
East Dunbartonshire Council uses the Scottish Council on Archives Records Retention Schedules to manage the amount of time the Council keeps information.
The information you have provided is classed under reference 04.005.043 and the retention period will be triggered from the date the licence expires and the information will then be held for 2 years
Right of Access
You have the right to access the personal information the Council holds about you. This right is called a Subject Access Request, often referred to as a SAR.
You can receive a copy of your personal data held by the Council, details on why it is being used, who it has been/ will be shared with, how long it will be held for, the source of the information and if the Council uses computer systems profile or take decisions about you. Details on how to submit a Subject Access Request.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request the Council correct any information held about you that is inaccurate.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that the Council delete the personal information about you. This right is known as the right to be forgotten.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that the Council stops using your personal information, while retaining a copy of it.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the Council’s use of your personal information. The Council will have to demonstrate why it is appropriate to continue to use your personal data.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office should you be unhappy with the way the Council has processed your personal data. Details on how to report a concern.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the Council’s handling of your personal data you can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer, Karen Donnelly, using the below noted details, who will be happy to discuss.
Telephone Number: 03001234510
Address: 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TJ