Privacy Notice - Elected Representative

Privacy Notice

Who will process your personal information?

The personal information provided on this form will be used to act on your behalf and help you resolve your concern. The personal information will be used under the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).

Who will have access to the Personal Data?

Your personal information will be shared with all the relevant services of East Dunbartonshire Council, that can help to resolve your concern.  Your personal information will not be shared with any other person or organisation without your prior agreement.  If required, further information about you may be obtained from the Council.  This will only be information about you that is relevant to your concern.

What is the lawful basis for the Council to process my information?

Elected Representatives are here to help you.  The lawful basis for using your personal information is that you have given your free and clear consent for that information to be used to obtain that help and support.

How long will my personal information be kept for?

Your personal information will be retained securely for period of ………… years after the concern you have raised has been resolved.  This is so that should you wish to re-open your concern after a period of time the facts of the concern are available and it is easier for you to obtain the assistance you require.

What rights do I have over my personal information?

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides you with rights over the personal information held about you. These rights are:-

  • Right to withdraw consent 
    You have the right to revoke your consent and ask that your personal information is no longer used.
  • Right of Access
    You have the right to access the personal information held about you. This right is called a Subject Access Request, often referred to as a SAR.You can receive a copy of the personal information, details on why it is being used, who it has been / will be shared with, how long it will be held for.
  •  Right to rectification
    You have the right to request that any incorrect information held about you for the purpose of investigating your concern is corrected.
  • Right to erasure
    You have the right to request that the personal information being used to investigate your concern is deleted. This right is also known as the right to be forgotten.
  • Right to restrict processing
    You have the right to request that the personal information used to investigate your concern is no longer used, while a copy of it is retained.

Details on how to obtain advice on the use of your personal information by your Elected Representative.

If you have concerns about how the personal information you have provided is being used, this can be discussed and resolved with you.

You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted by post at:  Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. By phone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745. Visit the Information Commissioner's Office website [opens in a new window] for more information.