The personal information you provide on this form will be used by East Dunbartonshire Council to process and determine applications for Business Gateway Support and Business Grants.
This personal information may also be shared with other departments within East Dunbartonshire Council, the Council committee’s and/or boards, local councillors in the area of the application or other organisations for the same purpose and also to:
- check the information we hold is accurate;
- prevent and/or detect crime; and
- protect public funds.
Other organisations may include bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, public sector agencies, governmental departments, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
The use of personal data is necessary and based upon a contractual arrangement between East Dunbartonshire Council and Business Gateway with the basis for processing your personal information as follows:
- Initial contact will be between yourself and the local Business Gateway office and adviser where an application form may be provided for a Business Grant or other support dependent upon requirements
- To enable the Council to process Grant Applications or to be nominated for a Business Award applicants are required to fully complete the requested, and appropriate, application form
- A Contact Name, Business Name, and Business Address will be shared internally with the Revenues and Benefits Team to ensure no outstanding monies are due as, in relation to the Terms and Conditions of the Grant, a Grant cannot be provided where monies to East Dunbartonshire are outstanding
- All other data will only be available to appropriate Business Gateway/Business Support staff
- The Data from the Application Form will recorded in both secure paper and digital formats
- An appraisal process will be instigated based upon the information received on the Application Form and from the Revenues and Benefits Team
- Applicant will be notified on whether the Grant has been Approved or Declined and provided further information on, where Approved, on reimbursement process
- Approved Applicants will require to provide Bank Account details and expenditure in relation to Grant reimbursement claim which will be recorded in both secure paper and digital formats
- Bank Account details and full business information will be shared with our Accounts Payable Team to process reimbursement payment
- East Dunbartonshire Council will be unable to process your application form if you fail to provide the information required and the award of a Business Grant will not be granted.
East Dunbartonshire Council uses the Scottish Council on Archives Records Retention Schedules to manage the amount of time the Council keeps information.
The information you have provided is classed under reference 09.002.001, 09.002.003, 09.002.004, 09.002.005 (Retention Period 1 Year), 09.002.006 and the retention period will be triggered from the date the licence is superseded, surrendered or revoked and the information will then be held for 5 years
Right of Access
You have the right to access the personal information the Council holds about you. This right is called a Subject Access Request, often referred to as a SAR.
You can receive a copy of your personal data held by the Council, details on why it is being used, who it has been/ will be shared with, how long it will be held for, the source of the information and if the Council uses computer systems profile or take decisions about you. Details on how to submit a Subject Access Request.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request the Council correct any information held about you that is inaccurate.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that the Council delete the personal information about you. This right is known as the right to be forgotten.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that the Council stops using your personal information, while retaining a copy of it.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office should you be unhappy with the way the Council has processed your personal data. Details on how to report a concern.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the Council’s handling of your personal data you can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer, Karen Donnelly, using the below noted details, who will be happy to discuss.
Telephone Number: 03001234510
Address: 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TJ