The Care and Repair in East Dunbartonshire service - previously managed by Caledonia Housing Association - is now operated by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Care and Repair in East Dunbartonshire
|Tel: 0300 123 4510|
|Speak to a customer service agent in any of our Community Hubs.|
The service provides free and practical advice and assistance for East Dunbartonshire residents aged 65 and over, or 60 and over with a disability or long term illness. This support extends all the way from completing minor repairs, through to assistance if you need an adaptation to your home.
There is no charge for labour or travel costs and you only pay for the cost of materials if supplied by the service.
The Care and Repair team carry out a range of repairs and small jobs including:-
- Changing lightbulbs, fuses, batteries
- Fitting draft excluders
- Repairing kitchen units
- Repairing/ fitting hinges and locks
- Assembling small flat pack furniture
- Fitting shelving
- Fitting toilet seats
- Trimming doors
- Hanging curtains/ fitting curtain rails
- Turning mattresses
- Repairing doors/ windows
The Care and Repair team can also carry out a complete safety check around your home and identify any hazards or dangers which may pose a threat to your health, safety or security.
To qualify for the service, you must:
- Live in East Dunbartonshire
- Be a homeowner or private rented tenant
- Be aged 65 or over, or 60 with a disability
New interlinked smoke and heat alarms
- You must live and own your home that has a Council Tax banding of A-C.
- You must also either be of state pension age and in receipt of guaranteed Pension Credit, or have a disability and be in a support group for Employment and Support Allowance