Effective from Monday 7th November 2022
Temporary arrangements until March 2023
Marina HQ Access Procedures & Protocols
Procedures and Protocols have been revised based on our EDC Safer Workplaces guidance to ensure as an employer we have accurate information as to the access to Council locations and records of employee attendance.
Health & Safety Entry Protocols
- The access doors to Marina HQ Office Blocks 1, 3 and 4 require a fob to enter and move around the buildings.
- If you do not currently hold a fob, arrangements should be agreed with your line manager to acquire one. Managers should have a list of employees who currently hold fobs. Alternatively, a temporary fob can be sought from Building Managers at the Marina for the duration of the working day while a permanent fob is organised.
- Access to Marina HQ Blocks of offices will be by the front doors of the building.
- Do not hold the door open for others unless they have an employee ID badge. This building is shared with other businesses therefore, security at entry doors is paramount.
- Sanitising stations and sign in/Fire record sheet are located as you enter the office space areas, right next to the door.
- Employees must sign in and out on accessing or exiting the building and immediately sanitise hands.
- Employees will look for their workstation number in the approved list and their name will be displayed next to it (layouts of workspaces below).
- Please note there will not be a receptionist at the front desk of the Marina HQ.
- If you have any visitors attending the office these must also be pre approved via Line Managers to Executive Officers
- If you have visitors you must ensure that they sign in and out
- Parking spaces are available on Donaldson Street, behind Lairdsland Primary school. Parking at the front of the building is reserved for councillors. There are limited spaces on Strathkelvin Place.
- Executive Officers via your line manager for any approval of attendance at the office location.
- All approved attendance to be registered by 3pm each Friday based on authorisation via silver command for anyone not already authorised and added to the existing list.
- Approved attendance to be emailed to Laura Gold/H&S Team by 3pm each Friday. Any ad hoc or emergency approved arrangements should be notified to Laura Gold and H&S rota’d representative to add on that day as these are approved.
- Pre-printed registers of who is authorised to be present will be managed by the Health & Safety Team, who will print the register for each Monday.
- H&S Team will do walk rounds to verify work space being used and authorisation to be present.
- Duty Holder rota to be developed from those in attendance. The Duty Holder is responsible for all the office blocks at the Marina HQ.
- Coverage will be across Building Managers, Team Leaders present, H&S Manager and Executive officers in attendance.
First Aid Provision
- A First Aid box is supplied on each floor.
- First Aid Appointed persons will be in place.
- There is currently a First Aider located in Block 1. We will be selecting volunteers to undertake Emergency First Aid at work course amongst employees attending regularly.
Fire Safety Provision
- There are no Fire Wardens to sweep the designated zones. We are currently operating as emergency/fire self-evacuation until further notice.
- If the fire alarm activates, everyone should leave by the nearest exit to the assembly points A, B or C. Please make yourself familiar with the location of your nearest assembly point to your office work area.
- The fire safety responsible person will exit the building retrieving the fire register. Roll call will be taken there and any persons missing or not accounted for within fire record will be identified.
- Any visitors during a fire evacuation will be the responsibility of their contact.
- Any persons requiring a Personal Evacuation Emergency Plan (PEEP) must contact H&S to make arrangements.
- Work stations not in use have been stickered as being out of bounds for use
- Each work station will have a number allocated
- Workstations areas are zoned according to their location, e.g. Block 1, 1st Floor. Some office areas are used for particular teams such as Legal & Democratic (Block 3, Ground Floor) or Procurement (Block 4, 2nd Floor). Other areas might receive a different use at any given time by the H&S Team to support services requiring access or team working.
- Please work in the designated Block, Floor and workstation provided when booking.
- Office areas are:
Ground Floor: Meeting rooms and reception area
1st Floor: workstations 1-27
Ground Floor: workstations 1-15 (Legal and Democratic teams only)
1st Floor: workstations 1-24
2nd Floor: workstations 1-24
Layouts are provided below. Click the images to enlarge.
- There are bistro style breakout spaces and welfare areas within each office space.
- Hand sanitiser is available as well as Clean as you Go products.
- Meeting rooms should be booked as normal through Notes system. If only coming in for use of meeting rooms this should still be approved as per arrangements above.
- If using meeting rooms in Block 1, Ground Floor, visitors must sign in/out record at reception desk.
- Windows must be left open (at least ¼) for ventilation purposes during meetings.
- Once everyone leaves, the meeting room must be sprayed cleaned and windows later shut after it had time to ventilate.
Deliveries/Visitors to Marina HQ
- There will be a sign on the door for delivery/mail drivers to contact FM via the mobile phone number, alternative, deliveries can be arranged with individuals who requested items.
- In exceptions, intercom should be used.
- Visitors to use the intercom.
- The relevant manager/officer should make arrangements to have contact made on arrival and bring people in from reception to the relevant meeting room.
- Reception area available for meeting rooms if required.
Fire Safety Responsible person
- A Fire Safety responsible person will be designated each day, per floor, in the office work area assigned, for e.g. Block 4, 2nd Floor or Block 1, 1st Floor. This will automatically fall on to the first person entering the office work area. If they leave the building, this must be passed on to another employee working in the same area, until 5pm, when out of hours arrangements will take place.
- The Fire Safety responsible person will write their name on the whiteboard located as you enter the office space areas, immediately next to the door.
- Their sole responsibility is in case the fire alarm activates, to take with them the fire record sheet, exit the building through the fire escape routes and make their way to the assembly point. Assembly points layouts are located next to the fire register and at the end of this document.
- Once at the assembly point, the Fire Safety responsible person should do a roll call for their office area and make sure everyone is accounted for. Any information of persons missing during a confirmed fire should be communicated to the Fire Service on arrival.
- It is not their responsibility to sweep the office area before leaving. We are currently operating as emergency/fire self-evacuation until further notice.
First Aid Appointed Person
- A First Aid appointed person will be designated each day, per floor, in the office work area assigned, for e.g. Block 4, 2nd Floor or Block 1, 1st Floor. This will automatically fall on to the second person entering the office work area. If they leave the building, this must be passed on to another employee working in the same area, until 5pm.
- The First Aid appointed person will write their name on the whiteboard located as you enter the office space areas, right next to the entry door.
- Their sole responsibility is in case of a medical emergency, to contact the emergency services and relay the information on the casualty and provide any details asked.
Once the emergency services arrive, they should support giving access/entry to the office area. After, and if the casualty leaves to go to hospital, they must contact the line manager of the employee or contact the Health and Safety Team.
This document should be read in conjunction with EDC Safer Workplaces guidance
Process for booking system of Workstations
- All approved attendance to be registered by 3pm each Friday based on authorisation by Executive Officers via your line manager for anyone not already authorised on the existing operational attendance.
- If a name is to be added due to being a fixed workstyle to pre-authorised list, the same process applies and notification of the longer term approval should be notified to Laura Gold to ensure that they continue to be on the register each week.
- Please note the list will be refreshed weekly and not daily.
- Pre-printed registers will be managed by the Health & Safety Team.
- A workstation number will be assigned to each person in the spreadsheet.
- Approved attendance to be logged by Health and Safety Team by 3pm each Friday, who will print the register for each Monday.
- Any emergency or ad hoc approved arrangements should be notified to Laura Gold and H&S rota’d representative as these are approved.
- Any persons found on premises without authorisation will be reported to relevant Executive Officer and if required may be asked to leave the premises.