Children in entertainment


You need a Children in entertainment licence if your child is:

  • taking part in a performance where a charge is made (for admission or otherwise)
  • taking part in any broadcast performance or any performance recorded (by whatever means) with a view to its use in a broadcast
  • taking part in a film intended for public exhibition

In order to process the application for a Children in entertainment licence we need:

  • a completed application form (part 1 and part 2) 
  • one recent passport-style photograph
  • your child's birth certificate/other form of ID
  • a letter of authorisation from the head teacher of your child's school (if any part of the performance takes place during the school year)
  • risk assessment
  • copy of contract or draft contact or agreement. 

We must receive the application form and the other documents no less than 21 days before the date of the first performance.

You can download the Children in entertainment licence application from the Documents section.