Universal Credit faqs

Universal Credit is a new Social Security benefit administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).  It has been introduced gradually across the UK from April 2013, and was rolled out to East Dunbartonshire in December 2015. Universal Credit will combine the current means-tested support for adults of working age, including those with children, into one benefit, but it currently only affects certain groups of people that live in East Dunbartonshire.

Universal Credit does not cover Council Tax.  You need to apply for Council Tax Reduction.

For more information visit the Universal Credit page.