Ann Davie, Depute Chief Executive – Education, People and Business
Thursday, 15 July, 2021
Opening of the new Bearsden Early Years Centre
Greg Bremner, Interim Chief Education Officer
This Technical Note will be published on the Council’s website following circulation to Member. Its contents may be disclosed or shared outwith the Council
- The purpose of this technical note is to inform Elected Members of the handover and opening of Bearsden Early Years Centre (EYC).
- Following the handover of Bearsden EYC, staff have been working to set up the learning spaces. Education have worked with Assets and Health & Safety to address a small number of issues in readiness of opening to children.
- The centre will open for children from Monday, 2 August 2021. Staff will begin transition visits for children from 26 July to ensure a smooth handover.
- Corporate Communications will promote the opening of centres to parents as detailed above.
- This is the final centre to open, and allows the Council to offer 1140 hours of free childcare to all eligible families across East Dunbartonshire
All Elected Members Corporate Management Team Executive Officers HSCP Management Team Corporate Communications