From January 2022, all P5 pupils will be entitled to a free school meal. That means that from the start of 2022, every child from P1-P5 can get a free school meal if they wish.
Free school meals are also provided to all older pupils whose parents/carers/guardians get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, with an income of less than £16,105
- Both Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an income of up to £7,500
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with a monthly earned income of not more than £625
Making an Application: School session beginning August 2021/22
You can apply for free school meal, free early years meal and school clothing grant on one simple online form which you should complete for all children in your household.
You should upload scans or photos of all the supporting documentation required as evidence of your eligibility, so that your entitlement can be verified and the application processed.
Once you have submitted your application you will receive a confirmation email and a reference number which should be used in all correspondence.
Please submit this online application form, with all supporting documentation:
Please note: There is now just one combined online form for all free school meal, free early years meal and School Clothing Grant applications.