Updated 7 January 2021
Special Uplift Service
Following a suspension due to operational pressures due to Covid-19 the special uplift service is now back up and running. Online booking for the service is available. We endeavour to collect within the standard 10 days. Thanks for your patience.
Garden Waste Services
The service resumed following a period of delay on Saturday 31 October 2020.
The service has now stopped for the Winter period and is due to resume again in March, please check the web calendars for your first collection dates.
One-off garden waste collections are taking place between 16 and 23 January 2021, these can be requested by phoning 0300 123 4510.
Food Waste Collection
Food waste collection resumed on Monday 13 July following a suspension period.
The service is now operating as normal and residents should present your grey caddy by 7am on your normal collection day. Remember to ensure that the lid is closed and the handle is upright. As before, if you require more food waste bags, please tie a bag around the handle to alert staff.
Thank you once again for your understanding during the suspension of this service.
Mavis Valley Household Recycling Centre
The Household Waste Recycling Centre, Balmuildy Rd is open on restricted hours.
Drivers can now access Mavis Valley Recycling Centre Monday to Sunday 9am to 4pm.
To ease queues, normal restrictions on vans are being suspended. Non-commercial vans and trailers can currently access from opening until 3pm until further notice. Checks will continue to take place to ensure no trade van access.
On site traffic management will continue until further notice. We expect delays, please consider if your visit is essential. Thank you for your support during this particularly busy period for both sites. We ask for your continued patience as we revert to normal operations.
Please remember that restrictions have been introduced in line with advice on social distancing and the COVID-19 pandemic and these must be followed:
- You should not visit the facility if you or a member of your household is/are unwell and have Covid-19 symptoms. You should be following the 7-day self-isolation guidance if you are unwell, or the 14 day stay at home guidance if a member of your household is unwell.
- A maximum of two people from the same household will be permitted on site, to assist with and to speed up the process of unloading.
- ID to prove East Dunbartonshire residence is required. The driver should have their UK photo card driver’s licence or a recent Council Tax / Utility bill showing their East Dunbartonshire address. If you do not have this, you will be turned away.
- Entrance is at the discretion of East Dunbartonshire Council and will be managed by on-site employees.
- Please be patient, expect long delays and be prepared to queue.
- Please remember to stay in your vehicle while queueing to aid with social distancing. Please do not leave your vehicle until you are instructed to do so by site staff.
- Traffic management measures will be in place.
- Staff will not be able to assist with carrying items, please consider and only bring what you can manage to remove from the vehicle.
- You must observe social distancing at all times. If you do not comply with social distancing guidance, you will be asked to leave and the site may have to close temporarily.
- Access will be limited to a set number of vehicles at any one time.
- During busy periods or if you arrive near to closing time, you may be asked to leave and return the next day.
Recycling collections resumed following a short suspension on Tuesday 19 May.
The service is now operating as normal and you should present BOTH your brown and blue recycling bins for collection by 7am on your usual collection day.
Please continue to follow our guidance on reducing, compacting and storing waste between collections if necessary.
Covid-19 Waste: Help protect our frontline staff and #StopTheSpread.
If someone in your household has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID 19) you can securely store personal waste including used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths within disposable rubbish bags. These should be:
- placed into another bag
- tied securely
- kept separate from other waste
- put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your general waste bin
- Please check NHS Inform for up to date advice.
We appreciate your understanding during these extremely challenging times as we seek to balance the maintenance of essential services with the need to protect our employees and meet government and NHS guidelines on social distancing.