The Scottish Government have announced a £130 Low Income Pandemic Payment.
How to apply
We will write to households who may be eligible.
Eligible households are those who are either:
- in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR) (this does not includes Single Person's Discount - 25%) for at least one day during the period 1st April 2021 - 30th April 2021, or
- exempt or have no liability for Council Tax on the following basis:
- all the occupants are under 18
- all the occupants are care leavers
- all the occupants are severely mentally impaired
- the property is unoccupied because the resident has gone to someone else's home to provide care or the resident receives care elsewhere
- all occupants are accessing Housing Support Service and/or living in temporary accommodation or a refuge.
You must have been registered for Council Tax in East Dunbartonshire during April 2021.
If you were a resident of another Council area during April, you should apply to the first Council area that you lived in.
When you will be paid
Payments will be made directly to a bank account, cheque or a credit can be made to your Council Tax account.
When we write to you, we will ask how you want to receive the payment.
- Payments directly into bank accounts will begin to be issued from 20 August 2021.
- Cheque payments will be processed and issued by 31 October 2021
If you have not received a letter by 31 October 2021, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need any further information or assistance about the LIPP, please email: