Privacy Notice - Surveys

Privacy Notice

Who will process

While the Council intends that online surveys are anonymous, responders’ IP addresses will be caught at submission. This data is personal information and as such will be processed by East Dunbartonshire Council under the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.

Why it will be processed

The Council would be unable to receive online surveys without the personal information (IP address).

What is the legal basis to process the personal information?

Your personal information is being processed as you have provided your consent that the Council do so.

Retention of Information

The information will be retained until the close of the end of the consultation/survey when all IP address information will be deleted.

Right to revoke Consent

You are entitled to revoke consent and require that the Council stop processing your personal information.

Right of Access

You have the right to access the personal information the Council holds about you. This right is called a Subject Access Request, often referred to as a SAR.

You can receive a copy of your personal data held by the Council, details on why it is being used, who it has been/will be shared with, how long it will be held for, the source of the information and if the Council uses computer systems profile or take decisions about you. Details on how to submit a Subject Access Request can be found on the Subject Access Request page.

Right to rectification

You have the right to request the Council correct any information held about you that is inaccurate.

Right to erasure

You have the right to request that the Council delete the personal information (IP address) about you. This right is known as the right to be forgotten.

Right to restrict processing

You have the right to request that the Council stops using your personal information, while retaining a copy of it.

You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office should you be unhappy with the way the Council has processed your personal data. Details on how to report a concern can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website [opens in a new window].

Should you have any questions or concerns about the Council’s handling of your personal data you can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer, Karen Donnelly, using the below noted details, who will be happy to discuss.

12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TJ