Privacy Notice - Public Consultation/Voting

Public Consultation/Voting Privacy Statement 

Who will process your personal information?

The personal information you provide on this form will be used by East Dunbartonshire Council, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TJ

Why will your personal information be processed?

The personal information will be  processed as part of a public consultation exercise to determine the communities preferred options relating to the development. The use of your personal information is necessary to inform the Council of the community’s wishes on the development.

What is the Council’s lawful basis for the use of your personal information?

The basis for processing your personal information is the consent you have freely provided.

East Dunbartonshire Council will be unable to include your input (vote) if you fail to provide the information required. The Council has a commitment to ensure clarity and transparency when dealing with publicly funded projects.

Who will the information be shared with?

This personal information may also be shared with other departments within East Dunbartonshire Council, the Council committee’s and/or boards, local councillors in the area of the application or other organisations for the same purpose and also to:

  • prevent and/or detect crime. In regard to the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973: The Council must make arrangements for the proper administration of our financial affairs and prevent and detect fraud ; and
  • to ensure the project officer has under taken a full and transparent consultation process with the participants.

How long will your information be held?

East Dunbartonshire Council uses the Scottish Council on Archives Records Retention Schedules to manage the amount of time the Council keeps information. Further information on these can be found on the Scottish Archives website.

The information you have provided is classed under SCARRS reference 20.003.011 relating to “records documenting the administration of a consultation/survey.”

What rights do you have over your personal information?

Right to revoke consent

You are entitled to revoke consent and require that the Council stop processing your personal information. To do so, please contact

Right of Access

You have the right to access the personal information the Council holds about you. This right is called a Subject Access Request, often referred to as a SAR.

You can receive a copy of you personal data held by the Council, details on why it is being used, who it has been/ will be shared with, how long it will be held for, the source of the information and if the Council uses computer systems profile or take decisions about you. Details on how to submit a Subject Access Request can be found on the Subject Access Request page.

Right to rectification

You have the right to request the Council correct any information held about you that is inaccurate.

Right to erasure

You have the right to request that the Council delete the personal information about you. This right is known as the right to be forgotten.

Right to restrict processing

You have the right to request that the Council stops using your personal information, while retaining a copy of it.

Who to contact if you have any complaints or concerns about how your personal information has been handled?

You have the right to object to the Council’s use of your personal information. The Council will have to demonstrate why it is appropriate to continue to use your personal data.

You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office should you be unhappy with the way the Council has processed your personal data. Details on how to report a concern can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.

Should you have any questions or concerns about the Council’s handling of your personal data you can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer.

Karen Donnelly
Data Protection Officer
East Dunbartonshire Council
12 Strathkelvin Place
G66 1TJ
Tel: 0300 123 4510