We have put arrangements in place to provide childcare for the children of key workers to allow them to continue to work, in line with Government commitments. The provision to ensure that children of key workers have continuing access to appropriate learning and childcare, beyond the normal school day will be provided in Hubs within each locality area.
It is essential that places are restricted to those children, whose parents are Key Workers and need to go to work and have no other available childcare options. This will ensure we have smaller numbers and require fewer staff, reducing the risk of Covid-19 spreading both to children and staff.
Arrangements will be in place in all Locality Hubs to take account of the NHS Guidance in relation to Covid-19. This will include:
- Children will not be allowed to attend if they show symptoms or if their household is self isolating due to a member of the family showing symptoms
- There will be a risk assessment to address the requirements of Covid 19
- This will include small groups and where possible social distancing and as much outdoor activity as possible.
Places will be allocated if parents meet the following criteria:
- Both parents (or in the case of a single parent) are in the key worker category as detailed in the Scottish Government Definition AND
- Are required to attend their place of work i.e are not working from home; AND
- Have no other childcare options e.g family member who is not in the over 70s or vulnerable group category;
Provision will be available from 8.00am to 6.00pm in the Primary School Hubs and Early Years Hubs and from 9.00am to 3.00pm in the Secondary School Hubs.
Places will be allocated to suit parents work patterns and this may change so parents will be asked to notify any changes they require.
Children with underlying health conditions are at risk and so cannot be allocated a place until this is discussed with a parent.
We are working to allocate places and parents are being contacted with arrangements. Primary and Early Years Hubs were open for provision from Tuesday 24 March and the Secondary Hubs from Wednesday 25 March. If you have applied for a place and have not had notification that you have been allocated a place, please complete the on-line form below.
If you have not yet applied for a place, please complete the on-line form and return it to SharedServices.Education@eastdunbarton.gov.uk
Application form for key worker provision
If you have any questions about the Key Worker Provision, please email SharedServices.Education@eastdunbarton.gov.uk
Free school Meal Provision
We are also working to put arrangements in place to support families, who are entitled to free school meals and more information will be provided as soon as this is available.
Resources and Support for children at home
Teachers are making arrangements to continue to provide support for parents to provide home learning and family learning for their child. This includes the provision of online resources and information will be issued directly from your school/your child/ren’s teacher.
Thank you for your ongoing understanding and co-operation as we put measures in place to support our children and their families during this difficult time.