The consultation is now closed as from 9 May 2017.
NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde (GGC) is proposing changes to rehabilitation services for older people in the North East of Glasgow and East Dunbartonshire. This would see the transfer of the services currently provided at Lightburn Hospital to other sites in the North East of Glasgow:
- Acute hospital rehabilitation would be provided in beds to Stobhill Hospital;
- Community rehabilitation beds would be in local care facilities commissioned by the Health and Social Care Partnerships;
- Day hospital services would be brought together at Stobhill Hospital;
- Outpatient clinics to either Glasgow Royal Infirmary or Stobhill Hospital;
- Local meeting space for the Parkinson’s support group.
If the services are transferred, it will result in the closure of the Lightburn Hospital site.
The public consultation will run until 8 May. For more details on the proposals and how to comment on the consultation, please see the NHS GGC website.