Consultation closed 22 December 2017.
As part of the Council’s strategy for Additional Support Needs (ASN) provision, East Dunbartonshire Council is considering proposals to develop enhanced support bases in some of our primary schools.
The consultation ran from 13 November 2017 to 22 December 2017.
A statutory consultation held at the end of last year on the proposal to establish enhanced support bases at Castlehill and Wester Cleddens primary schools, and to relocate language and communication resource services provided at Twechar primary school.
Council officers have gathered the views of consultees and information provided by Education Scotland to prepare a report on the consultation. This report is required by Scottish Government legislation, and must be published before the Council can make a decision on the proposal.
The report will be published on Friday 23 February 2018, and will be available within our documents section of this page. Reference copies will be available to view at each school involved, and at the Council Offices, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch.
The report lays out a range of information about the consultation, including:
1. Who the Council consulted with, and how they were consulted.
2. A summary of the responses received.
3. The full text of the independent assessment carried out by Education Scotland on the educational impact of the proposal.
4. A summary of issues raised in the consultation, a discussion of those issues, and potential related actions that could be considered in implementing the proposal.
5. Any inaccuracies or omissions in the proposal document that have been identified in the course of the consultation.
6. The overall findings of the consultation.
Under the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010, this consultation report must be published for at least three weeks before the Council can decide whether or not to implement the proposal. This is known as the ‘extended consideration period’. This period is intended to allow interested parties to read the report and to make their views known to their Councillors.
Please visit our Councillors page for information on how to contact your local Councillors.
If you require any further information about the consultation process, please contact the Primary School Improvement Programme team at:
Telephone: 0300 1234510