As part of the Cost-of-Living Support Programme for 2023/2024, the Council agreed to introduce a Household Support Payment. This one-off payment will be available to 1,000 households not on means tested benefits from October 2023.
The payment of £150 is on a first come first basis until the funds are exhausted, and people can apply using the online form. Other ways of applying can be found on the form.
Applicants must fit the following criteria:
- You must be responsible for paying Council Tax for a property within East Dunbartonshire, which you are occupying as your home.
- You must NOT be in receipt of a means-tested benefit such as Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance (Income Related), Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Pension Credit Guarantee Credit, Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
To be successful, you must also be one of the following:
- Single and income less than £17,500 per year and have less than £800 in savings.
- Part of a couple with no dependents living with you, your joint income is less than £25,000 a year and your joint savings are less than £1,200.
- Part of a couple with children living with you, your income is less than £30,000 and your joint savings are less than £1,200.
- Lone parent with children living with you, your income is less than £30,000 and you have less than £800 in savings.
Please note, applicants will be asked to send documentary evidence outlining income and savings as part of the process so please have this ready.
Once a form is received, it will be checked, and further information may be requested. If the claim is successful, a one-off payment of £150 will be sent directly to the applicant’s bank account.