Shining stars of the local economy have been honoured at the final of the East Dunbartonshire Business Awards 2019.
Dozens of stellar contenders were in the running for the 2019 awards - organised by East Dunbartonshire Council.
The winners - chosen by a judging panel involving representatives of the Council, Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce, and business and voluntary sectors - were announced at the final, held in Kirkintilloch Town Hall on Friday 17 May.
The winner of the 2019 East Dunbartonshire Business of the Year was Finsbay, a café, bar and restaurant in Milngavie.
The 2019 winners in full:
- Start-Up Business - Everything Hygiene Ltd
- Established/Growth Business - Home Instead Senior Care
- Digital Innovation - Bearsden Beauty
- Independent Retail Business - I Sew 2
- Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism - Finsbay
- Eco-Friendly Business - The Caurnie Soaperie
- Service Provider - Better Organised
- Social Enterprise - Auchinairn After School Care – Forest School
- Community Champion - Milngavie in Bloom
- Special Recognition Award - The Caurnie Soaperie
- Business of the Year - Finsbay.
Councillor Billy Hendry, Convener of Place, Neighbourhood & Corporate Assets, helped to present the awards.
He said, "Congratulations to all the winners - and indeed all of our finalists - who have shown the innovation, determination and hard work so vital to the success of East Dunbartonshire's economy.
"The final was a fantastic advert for business and commerce in East Dunbartonshire. It was also an ideal opportunity to speak to the nominees about the tremendous work taking place locally and a useful networking opportunity for businesses.
"The awards offer a valuable opportunity to showcase the inspirational range of businesses, entrepreneurs and enterprises in East Dunbartonshire.
"On the night, there was one winner for each award, but it's very much the case that every business and entrepreneur who entered was a champion in their own right."
The event also included a fundraising raffle and auction to support local social enterprise Creatovators CIC, which works to support people on the autistic spectrum and their families - enriching lives, and promoting health and wellbeing. A total of £1,870 was raised thanks to the generosity of guests.
Thanks are given to the large number of local businesses, organisations and people who donated prizes.
Tribute has also been paid to all the companies, enterprises and organisations which partnered with the Council to very kindly sponsor the 2019 East Dunbartonshire Business Awards.
They included BakerHicks, Morgan Sindall Construction and Infrastructure Ltd, Faithful + Gould, McLaughlin & Harvey, Robertson Central West, Zero Waste Scotland, Business Gateway East Dunbartonshire, Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce, East Dunbartonshire Voluntary Action, the Kirkintilloch Herald Series and the Milngavie & Bearsden Herald.
* The Council provides a range of support programmes for new and existing businesses in the area through Economic Development and Business Gateway services. Visit for more information, visit www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/business and www.businessworks.scot
* The awards were the culmination of the 2019 Business Week, with a range of events taking place throughout East Dunbartonshire.
The full list of 2019 nominees:
- Everything Hygiene Ltd
- Interior Space
- Shweta Mistry
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Indie Authors World
- Anytime Fitness
- Avec Panache
- Bearsden Beauty
Independent Retail Business
- iD Dance, School, Sport & Leisure Wear Ltd
- I Sew 2
- Table 13 Express
Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism
- Spirit of Alba
- West Highland Apartments – The Lomond and The Nevis
- Better Organised
- Dan Frazer Gardening
- XY&Z Creative Limited
- Auchinairn After School Care – Forest School
- Babes in the Wood
- Creatovators CIC
- DC Electrical Services
- Milngavie in Bloom
- The Tennis Aces
- The Caurnie Soaperie
- Reza Wood Designs
- Sealy MacWheely.