The review panel for the Council’s STARs Awards, the Special Thanks and Recognition scheme for employees, has announced its short-leet for 2019 in each of the five Award categories:
Employee Award (Internally nominated)
- Robbie Young (Accounting Technician)
- Carolyn Coll (Janitorial Assistant)
- Emma Hannan (Business Systems Adviser)
- Esther Purdie (Classroom Assistant)
Employee Award (Externally nominated)
- Linda Stewart (Principal Teacher, Twechar Primary School)
- Thomas James (Project Leader, Positive Achievements)
- Anne MacIntosh (Development Officer, Business Support)
Young Employee Award
- Christopher Donnelly (Roads & Greenspace, Langfaulds)
- Aedan Coll (Streetscene, Torrance)
- Aidan Maguire (Major Assets Team)
- Joshua Brown (Clober Nursery)
Team Award (Internally nominated)
- Development Applications Validation Team
- Rubbish Amnesty, Joint Community Safety & Waste Teams
- Joint Car Rescue Team, Broomhill
Team Award (Externally nominated)
- Admin Team, St Ninian’s High School
- Housing Operations & Homelessness Teams.
Following the announcement, Joint Council Leader Andrew Polson said, "We faced an unenviable task in agreeing our short-leet this year due to the volume of submissions – and the exceptional standard. It was a tough task to agree these finalists from the wide range of nominations for individuals and teams that we received."
Joint Council Leader Vaughan Moody added, "It was great to read about the fantastic job our workforce do for the people of East Dunbartonshire in this year’s nominations. Huge congratulations go out to all our short-leet, and we look forward to meeting them at our celebration on 17 January, when the overall winners in each category will be announced."