Schools will soon be out for summer but East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Culture Trust is challenging adults to embrace their creative side with a host of exciting courses on offer.
This year’s Get Creative Adult Summer School for over 16s is all about learning new skills in friendly and relaxing surroundings and is a great opportunity to meet new people while working with some of the most experienced tutors in Scotland.
Booking is essential for all creative courses through our new online booking service or calling 0141 777 3143.
The Programme highlights include:
· Expressive Watercolour is a short course, suitable for those of all abilities interested in expanding their knowledge of watercolour painting. The two-day course, which takes place at Cairns Church Hall in Milngavie, starts on Monday 27 June and costs £62. A three day intensive course, suitable for those with some experience of watercolour, will also take place at the same venue from Wednesday 29 June to Friday 1 July costing £93.
· Beginners and Beyond Drawing and Painting - this course at Lennoxtown Library is all about building on basic drawing and painting skills and techniques you may not have come across or have forgotten. This is a relaxed and friendly course to encourage everyone’s potential, to improve skills to move onto other courses within the programme. The two day course runs on Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 July.
· Creative Textile Taster is an informal course that will interest anyone who enjoys experimenting with new techniques and textiles, as well as experimenting with colour dyeing and textile media. This one day course at the Auld Kirk Museum in Kirkintilloch will aim for each student to produce one finished silk scarf and a range of interesting samples that can be used to enhance a range of other products. The course takes place on Friday 1 July and costs £28.
· Masterclass in Portrait Painting - This one day course on Monday 27 June at the Lillie Art Gallery will explore a wide variety of drawing and painting methods. This masterclass, which costs £32, is ideal for anyone really wanting to get to grips with portraiture.
· Oil Painting: Beginners and Beyond - This course is for students with some painting experience who want to develop their skills and techniques in oils and will begin with still life and structured exercises, with a focus on tone, form, composition and colour. There will be step by step demonstrations of different approaches to painting with oils. The three day course costs £90 and starts on Wednesday 6 July.
There are further details of everything that's going on during this summer, in the July – September What’s On, or the homepage of the Trust website at www.edlc.co.uk.
Councillor Anne Jarvis, Chair of East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Culture Trust, said, "It's not only children who want something to do in the summer and the Trust is delighted to run such a varied summer school programme for adults.
"There are plenty of fantastic creative events in our programme to capture the imagination of people looking for something to do this summer. There's something for everyone - from the absolute beginner through to the more skilled artists - and I'm sure the events will prove very popular so book up quickly."
Pick up a What's On Guide at libraries, Hubs and community centres or visit www.edlc.co.uk