Help us to drive forward on active travel, public transport, roads and parking.
That's the invite from East Dunbartonshire Council ahead of a programme of consultation - which includes drop-in sessions from 4 December.
The Local Transport Strategy is being refreshed and the first stage of the process is the Transport Options Report, which sets out preferred and alternative options for active travel, public transport, roads and parking.
The report includes options for the whole of East Dunbartonshire, as well as those specific to individual community areas.
Consultation is being carried out between 3 December 2018 and 11 February 2019.
A series of drop-in events are being held to give people a chance to discuss options further with officers.
You can also find out more about the new Local Development Plan at all of these meetings (except Lenzie):
- Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre - Tuesday 4 December – 3pm-7pm
- The Leisuredrome, Bishopbriggs - Thursday 6 December – 3pm-7pm
- Caldwell Halls, Torrance - Thursday 13 December – 2.30pm-5.30pm
- Fraser Centre, Milngavie - Monday 17 December – 3pm-7pm
- Lennoxtown Community Hub - Monday 7 January – 3pm-7pm
- Lenzie Union Church Hall - Tuesday 8 January – 3pm-6pm
- Twechar Healthy Living and Enterprise Centre - Tuesday 15 January – 12pm-3pm
- Bearsden Community Hub - Monday 21 January – 3pm-7pm
A stakeholder workshop will also be held - bringing together groups, community councils, transport organisations, providers, neighbouring local authorities and Council colleagues.
Councillor Billy Hendry, Convener of the Place, Neighbourhood & Corporate Assets Committee, said, "Consultation will begin soon on the Transport Options Report - helping to pave the way towards a new Local Transport Strategy for East Dunbartonshire.
"The report is an important document for active travel, public transport, roads and parking so I would encourage as many people as possible to get involved.
"There will be opportunities to contribute online, at drop-in meetings, via post and also at special events - helping to ensure that a wide variety of people are consulted."
Consultation findings will be reported to a future meeting of the Place, Neighbourhood & Corporate Assets Committee.
The Transport Options Report and background documents will be available to download from the Council’s consultation page at www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/transport-options-report from 3 December 2018 and will be available to view at Community Hubs and libraries.
There will also be an online version of the Transport Options Report, which will include a questionnaire.
- The Transport Options Report was approved by the Place, Neighbourhood & Corporate Assets Committee on 4 October 2018.
- Once the consultation is live, responses can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Land Planning Policy Team, East Dunbartonshire Council, Southbank House, 1 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch G66 1XQ.