People are being invited to Kilmardinny House in Bearsden for a range of fascinating talks as part of 16 Days of Action Against Gender Based Violence.
The Safer and Stronger Together conference has been organised by Empowered - a multi-agency group which carries out partnership work in East Dunbartonshire related to gender based violence.
The event takes place on Tuesday 5 December from 9.15am-1pm - with a range of talks from renowned speakers:
- Dr Nicola Sharp-Jeffs - founder and director of Surviving Economic Abuse - on economic abuse and coercive control
- Daljeet Dagon - Programme Manager for Barnardo’s Scotland - on child sexual exploitation
- Detective Sergeant Samantha Richardson - Police Scotland - on sharing intimate images without consent.
There will also be a live performance by Breeze Productions about coercive control, entitled ‘Kaleidoscope’, as well as refreshments, and an opportunity to provide feedback and ask questions.
Invites have been extended to representatives from public services, senior school pupils and community councils. Local groups and individuals are encouraged to come along to this free and informative event.
Councillor Gordan Low, Chair of the Community Planning Partnership and Leader of East Dunbartonshire Council, said, "It is important that we raise awareness of 16 Days with people of all ages and from all backgrounds.
"Empowered - which is strongly supported by the Council - has organised a varied programme of speakers who will be highlighting a range of issues.
"All members of the public are invited to come along and hear more about the work being carried out locally and further afield to tackle gender based violence."
If you are interested in attending please come along on the day - Kilmardinny House, Kilmardinny Avenue, Bearsden, G61 3NN. For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 16 Days of Action Against Gender Violence is an international campaign which takes place from 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day.
- Empowered brings together a number of key agencies including the Council, Addaction Families+, Ceartas Advocacy, Carers Link, Citizens Advice Bureau, CEDAR Project, ED Women's Aid, ED Association for Mental Health, ED Youth Council, ED Health and Social Care Partnership, Low Moss Prison, Police Scotland, Rape Crisis Glasgow, Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs and Victim Support E