I am a Parent or Carer

If you and your child have recently been involved in a child protection or welfare concerns, you may be feeling worried or confused.

You can discuss concerns about a child by contacting:

  • East Dunbartonshire's Advice and Response Team - 0141 777 3000
  • Out of Hours Social Work Standby Service - 0300 343 1505.
  • Childline - 0800 1111
  • Scottish Children's Reporters Administration - 0131 244 8201
  • NSPCC - 0800 800 5000
  • Police Scotland - 101

If you have any general queries about child protection or the Child Protection Committee, you can email us at cpc@eastdunbarton.gov.uk.

This email inbox is not constantly manned and concerns about a child must not be made to this address.

Useful Websites

The telephone numbers on No Worries and CPC Kids/Teens are incorrect for East Dunbartonshire as were created for North Ayrshire and Renfrewshire Child Protection Committees

Useful websites

Websites Websites

Internet Safety

Let’s Talk PANTS: teaching children the underwear rule 
Parentline Domestic Abuse
UK Safer Internet Centre - Advice about key social media platforms  Child Sexual Exploitation: Support for Parents 
Parents@Sandyford (Sexual Health & Relationships) Think you Know