I am a Child or Young Person

If you are worried about your own, or someone else’s safety, or confused about what might be happening to you, you can talk to someone.

If something is worrying you, or is making you scared, it's important to talk to someone you trust such as a family member or trusted adult.

You can also talk to a professional such as a social worker, teacher or GP. They will take what you have to say seriously and try to help. What you have to say matters and help is available.

Children and young people can be hurt by an adult or another young person in many ways. You have a right to feel safe and be protected from harm.

There are some really helpful websites out there – Please find the “external links” on this page to check them out. 

Useful Websites