Women have different needs to men when in contact with the Justice System.
Justice Services try to provide a gender sensitive service which allows us to work with women by focussing on the reasons for their offending.
We organise a number of services for women who have been given community based sentences.
We aim to:
- Provide a multi-disciplinary approach to address the needs of women
- Hold women accountable for their actions whilst supporting them to make and maintain life changes
- Encourage women to voluntarily access support services from the prison service and other agencies
- Offer women opportunities to extend their knowledge and develop skills
- Reduce isolation
- Increase confidence and access to local communities
We try to meet the needs of each woman by helping them empower themselves and build their confidence. By doing this, we aim to reduce reoffending.
Just Cre8 - Arts and Crafts Programme
The Just Cre8 Arts and Crafts programme provides a positive, dedicated “other activity” programme for women who are subject to a Community Payback Order.
We hope to introduce our women to different mediums including textile and wool arts (sewing, knitting, needle felting, weaving, tie dyeing/fabric paints, embroidery, cross stitch), basic jewellery making, card making, air dry clay modelling and mixed media.
The aim of the programme is to:
- encourage an interest in arts and crafts.
- assist learning new and creative handicraft skills.
- support mental health and well-being through being part of an informal group.
- boost self-esteem and self-worth.
- have an effect on reducing reoffending rates.