Pay Award 2022

Pay Award 2022

Pay scales have been updated and you can now view the updated pay scales.

The pay award is included within the pay dates previously advised. At each pay date, all employees will receive their respective increase on their contractual hours.

Teaching Trade Unions have presented an offer to their members via their own processes.

Backdated Pay and Universal Credit

Universal Credit Payments May Stop or Reduce

If you receive Universal Credit the amount you get changes if your take-home pay changes. This includes awards of backdated pay. If you get additional pay within a Universal Credit assessment period (month), your Universal Credit payment will either be less than you normally receive or your income may be too high to qualify for a payment. 

Universal Credit is calculated on your personal circumstances. Because of this we, as your employer, do not know how, or if, you may be affected.

The 2022/23 Local Government pay settlement was agreed on 25 October 2022 and is scheduled to be in place and paid with a backdated award on the following dates:

Pay Cycle & Pay Day


Pay Date

Weekly Thursday

Payrun 1

1st December 2022

4 Weekly Tuesday

Payrun 8

13th December 2022

4 Weekly Thursday
Leisure Trust Employees

Payrun 12

Payrun 14

8th December 2022

This increase together with the backdated payment may mean you will either receive less Universal Credit than normal or you may even earn too much to qualify and your Universal Credit claim will close. If your claim closes, you will see a message on your UC Journal telling you about this.

Will Universal Credit Payments Start Again Automatically?

No. If Universal Credit payments stop because you have had additional pay, you must start up your claim again. You should do this as soon as you can to make sure you do not miss out.

How Do I Reclaim Universal Credit?

Log into your UC journal and select the “Reclaim” tab. You will find this at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to a new screen where you will be asked to answer a few simple questions. If you have any problems doing this, contact your Work Coach or visit your local Jobcentre Plus. 

You can get independent help and advice about Universal Credit from the Citizens Advice Bureau on 0141 775 3220 or at How We Can Help | East Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau (

Access your UC Journal.

An overview of Universal Credit can be found on the Universal Credit page.