The Council has been working to produce a new Local Transport Strategy for the area which will set out the Council's transport strategy, Transport Planning Objectives and a series of actions and interventions to enhance transport and travel across East Dunbartonshire.
This is your chance to have a say on future plans for active travel, public transport, roads and parking in East Dunbartonshire.
The Council is seeking views on the Draft Local Transport Strategy 2020-2025 between 17 September and 12 November 2019, with a series of drop-in sessions being held in Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Lennoxtown and Milngavie.
The Council want to hear your final comments to help the Council in producing a final strategy for publication and action.
Please see the Documents section to access copies of the draft strategy, background and corresponding Environmental Report - and make sure you fill out the online survey.
Copies of the strategy and paper response forms are also available at Community Hubs and libraries.
Five drop-in sessions are being held across the authority area:
- Bishopbriggs War Memorial Hall - Thursday 3 October - 3pm-6.45pm
- Kilmardinny House, Bearsden - Wednesday 9 October - 3pm-7pm
- Glazert Country House Hotel, Lennoxtown - Tuesday 22 October - 3pm-7pm
- Fraser Centre, Milngavie - Thursday 24 October - 3pm-7pm
- Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre - Wednesday 30 October - 3pm-7pm.
Initial consultation on the Transport Options Report - setting out preferred and alternative options for active travel, public transport, roads and parking - took place during winter 18/19.
All of the feedback received has been considered and helped to inform the Draft Local Transport Strategy.
Members of the Place, Neighbourhood & Corporate Assets Committee approved publication of the draft plan and consultation process at a recent meeting.
For further information, e-mail email@example.com or call the Land Planning Policy Team on 0300 1234510
* Specific comments on the Environmental Report should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org