This consultation is now closed as of Thursday 28 September 2017
The East Dunbartonshire Economic Partnership (EDEP) is a Local Outcomes Delivery Group that sits under the Community Planning Partnership. They have the responsibility for delivering and monitoring Local Outcome 1 of the Local Outcomes Improvement Plan:
“East Dunbartonshire has a sustainable and resilient economy with busy town and village centres, a growing business base, and is an attractive place in which to visit and invest”
EDEP has prepared a Draft Economic Development Strategy for 2017-2020 which has a number of planned actions for expanding the economy by supporting areas such as local business, town centres, tourism and the local environment.
The draft strategy is based on a review of national, regional, and local policy; socio-economic background research into the area; and an initial period of consultation with local residents, community groups, businesses and partner organisations.
If you would like to discuss this strategy, a Council Officer will be present on behalf of EDEP on a drop in basis at the following places:
- Kirkintilloch Canal Festival at Barleybank: Sunday 20 August noon to 5pm
- Milngavie Library: Tuesday 29 August, 3pm to 7pm
- Bearsden Hub: Tuesday 5 September, 3pm to 7pm
- Bishopbriggs War Memorial Hall: Tuesday 12 September, 3pm to 7pm
- Kirkintilloch Hub: Tuesday 19 September, 3pm to 7pm