The Council is currently seeking views on the A81 Bears Way project in Bearsden and Milngavie.
Phase 1 - funded by delivery partners Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) and Sustrans - runs from Burnbrae roundabout to Hillfoot.
The Bears Way is a segregated cycleway - designed by TP&E, a subsidiary of Cycling Scotland - which, when complete, will provide a traffic-free route between Milngavie and Glasgow.
It will not be fully functional until all phases are complete.
The focus is now on phase 2 - which is proposed to run from Hillfoot to Kessington.
One of the goals is to address issues which have been identified through engagement to date.
Public forums are being held on:
- Thursday 1 September, 6pm – 8pm in Milngavie Town Hall
- Wednesday 7 September, 7pm – 9pm in Milngavie Town Hall
Three other 'drop-in' information events are being held in the Allander Leisure Centre to complement the public forums.
Please note these will be informal and a chance for the public to access information ahead of the public forums.
Drop-in information events will take place on:
- Thursday 1 September, noon - 2pm
- Saturday 3 September, 11am - 3pm
- Wednesday 7 September, noon - 2pm
Leaflets have been delivered to properties in Bearsden and Milngavie - giving people information on how they can get involved and help shape the future of the Bears Way.
In addition a Business Forum and Design Forum have been held - involving representative stakeholder groups.
How to make your response
- Come along to the Public Forums - 1 or 7 September 2016
- E-mail with ideas/ comments and to join the mailing list
- Join your local community council
- If you are a local community organisation, e-mail to arrange a meeting.
For more information on potential options, visit the dedicated Bears Way Cycle Route page.