Proposals for the new Allander Leisure Centre facility were showcased recently at public events.
The Council is aiming to redevelop the Bearsden site to form a state-of-the-art sports and leisure facility, with additional plans to incorporate services for adults with learning disabilities.
Members of the public were invited to find out more about the project at drop-in exhibition events on 26 and 30 November, and 5 December.
It was a chance to explore proposals for the new facility, ahead of a planning application being submitted.
Anyone wishing to make comments relating to the proposal - or seeking further information - is invited to contact Christine Dalziel - Barton Willmore (Agent):
- 0141 548 8240
- Barton Willmore, Centrum Business Centre, 38 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3DX.
The consultation will run from 9 December to 20 December 2019. Comments must be submitted by 20 December 2019.*
Engagement has taken place with Allander Champions Group, community councils, Allander users, residents' associations and local schools.
The Allander project includes proposals for:
- A larger swimming pool, games hall, gym, cafe and changing facilities
- Improved football and tennis facilities
- Services to support adults with a learning disability within the centre (re-provisioned from Kelvinbank Resource Centre).
Please see the Documents section to download a detailed presentation on the Allander plans.
* Comments will be considered by the prospective applicant (the Council’s Major Assets Team) and will not be considered as formal representations to the Council as Planning Authority.
Dependent on a planning application being submitted, there will then be a further opportunity to make formal representations during the statutory notification period.
The outcome was for a planning application to be submitted. View the application.