We can arrange support and help to improve the
quality of your life at home if you are:
- finding it difficult to
manage on your own,
- have been in hospital and
need support to ‘get back on your feet’ or
- the person who has cared for
you is no longer able to do so.
Home Care can provide you with:
- Support to improve your confidence and
- personal care - for example, help with washing and
- some practical tasks in line with the
Council's Eligibility Criteria such as, shopping, preparing
food, laundry and housework .
- help to look after a relative or friend at
The Council provides a short term Home Care
Re-ablement Service for all people who are referred and assessed as
needing home care.
Applying for help
If you or someone you know feels they would
benefit from this service please call 0141 578 2101 to discuss and
if appropriate, arrangements will be made to carry out an
If you are calling on behalf of someone, their
permission must be sought prior to calling.
Further Information can be found here: